Most of you know that Heidi and I were blessed with the adoption of Harrison almost 4 years ago. Well, we’re now trying to save up some money for the opportunity to add another member to our family. Because we have chosen not to go into debt for an adoption, we are thinking of some creative ways to save money. Thanks to an idea from the book, Adopt Without Debt by our friend Julie Gumm, we thought it would be fun to host a fundraiser karaoke night.
We would be honored if you played a role in our next adoption by joining us, along with special guest host, the incomparable Jason M. Hammond, for “Adoption Idol”:
Many who are unable to make this event have graciously asked how they can still donate to our adoption fund. If you are interested in doing so, you can send us a PayPal donation by clicking on the DONATE WITH PAYPAL link in the sidebar to the right. Any donation amount helps, and we appreciate your love and support.
This event will take place at Christ Presbyterian Church – 925 N. Sarival Road in Goodyear, Arizona on Saturday, March 10, 2012 from 6:00 pm to about 10:00 pm.
Here’s how this is going to work:
- Attendance is FREE, but participation isn’t necessarily optional.
- $10 per song. You can sing it yourself or MAKE SOMEONE ELSE SING IT in your place.
- If you are picked by someone else to sing, you have to sing the song picked for you…BUT THERE IS A CATCH…
- If you are selected to perform, but don’t want to sing, you can send the song back to the person for $15, and he/she will be REQUIRED to perform his/her original selection. At this point, the negotiations are over and the original singer must perform the song.
- Big chickens can buy their immunity at the door for $30. This means that you will not be required to participate in any way.
If would like to attend this event and haven’t already RSVP’d via Facebook or Evite, please leave a comment below and let us know that you are coming. We’d love to have you.
Light refreshments will be provided.